Tuesday 5 January 2010

How Does My Trailer Relate To Character Comedy

The main character in my trailer, played by Chris Craske, is arguably the funniest feature and the most important in terms of making the audience laugh. Therefore I would have to say that Character Comedy is the most important sub-genre I have used in my trailer. As well as Chris, Glen Russling’s character is pretty comically appealing to the audience. However, this is probably due to his appearance, as the trailer does not characterize him as much as Chris. A good example of character comedy in my trailer is at the end where Chris says “Give it your best shot”. Despite the aggressive way he delivers it the viewer sees that the line is no where near as intimidating as he intends it to be. This shows how naive the character is and the audience just can’t help but to laugh at him.





This shot of the character flexing his “muscles” in the mirror with a proud expression is an example of character comedy. Mainly because the shot says so much about him that he portrays himself very humorously.




















This is another good example of a shot based on character comedy. The main comedic factor of this shot is the way he replies to Glen with his expressions as well as the way the character delivers the line “I’m gonna get those boys”.






















The main aspect of character comedy in this shot is the way he marches up to the shocked bullies, confronting them with the challenging threat of “would one like a piece of me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment